Any business owner will agree that juggling a personal life while running a business can be pretty tricky. During the holidays creating this balance can literally become an art of sorts. De-cluttering your life from non-essentials and making time for your friends and family should be a priority, right along with maintaining and increasing your business.
Here is some advice on how you can create and maintain a balance for your work-life this holiday season:
- Modify shopping habits. Use mobile apps for things like tracking your shopping and receipts. There are lots of easy-to-download and use time-savers out there.
- Learn to unplug. It can be tough to take time off during the holidays. But you can still do a lot to make yourself less connected through email, social media, media alerts, etc., which can help you achieve some of the same results.
- Look for shortcuts. Look for ways to truncate, combine or condense activities like meals and household tasks, for starters.
- Be realistic. Know what’s possible, and respect your limitations.
- Accept periods of “unbalance”—just not all the time. Work and life won’t always be in sync. Be sure to apply some limits when necessary.
- Rely on others, at work and at home. Many women try to do too much themselves. Learning to delegate and share responsibility is a life-saving skill!
- Plan, plan, plan. There’s no substitute for planning. While you can’t anticipate everything, good planning a lot of big surprises that tend to throw off your work-life balance.
- Periodically re-evaluate and adjust. Experts say it’s good to check in with yourself from time to time to make sure you’re at least in the neighborhood of the balance you’re after. And if you’re not, don’t be afraid to make some changes.
What other advice can you offer on balancing work and a life this holiday season?
CHALLENGE Yourself to Profit!
Build your Profit-Generating Online business in this new 21-day challenge!
Sign Up, follow the easy steps and You'll get the Tools, Training, and Support needed to create your online profit stream. It's easy!