Monitoring real-time on-site behavior of your customers can lead to more effective personalization. Not only will you be able to make them feel noticed by welcoming them back but you can react accordingly to their shopping habits. Being able to target popular items or services on your site will customize the experience for your customers while increasing sales.
Below are a few things you should apply to your website:
- Ask questions on customers preferences to to collect more data
- Offer an app to allow your customers to create their own profiles for a more personalized experience
- Combine the information collected from the two actions above for an even greater impact
- Use social media to gather relevant information and better recommendations
- Use their custom profiles to offer products that you know they are interested in, thus increasing sales
On top of the effective tips above, make sure to keep the following in mind:
Notice that over half of consumers indicated that they don’t mind revealing personal information, so long as it’s beneficial to them and used responsibly by the company. Sadly, most company privacy policies are so entrenched in traditional broadcast marketing that it’s no wonder customers are leery to divulge their data.
Social media is largely an untapped source of instant, relevant information about your customers. UX Matters has a fantastic article on the different methods that can be used to customize content so that users are more likely to take action. From social gifting to product sharing, social marketing done right has the potential to bring friends.
What tactics are you currently using that you're willing to share on personalization?