Email marketing consultant, Jordie van Rijn, is teaching a class in October called “Email Marketing For Everyone” where he will explain the dynamics of effective email marketing.
Jordie goes on to explain that while companies like Amazon have prosperous email campaigns there are other companies with even more effective tactics:
Mudpie, for instance, has a welcome campaign that asks you for an important date. But you are free to fill in every type of date you like: your own birthday, an anniversary you name it.
Based on that personal date, they send you a reminder with an offer included. It’s most successful email they send. That is smart thinking.
He then goes on to share his top 3 No-No's when email marketing:
- Have a specific email marketing plan will outline what you want to achieve and how you are to execute it as a part of your online marketing strategy.
- Do not let your email marketing get boring. Keep it fresh, creative and profitable
- Don't stop improving. It is amazing how often you get it wrong the first time.
Besides using split testing, segmentation, marketing automation or data analysis to improve your current email marketing campaign you can apply the following tips today:
- Squint your eyes and look at your email campaign. Is it clear what it is about? No? Go back to the drawing table, people don’t read but scan your emails so clarity is the most important thing.
- Think of your email as a post it: Make the message clear, action driven and if you do a good job, it sticks.
- Let your colleagues subscribe to your email program.
- Collect opt-ins at every turn. Make a list of touchpoints where you have contact with your customers or leads and see which one you aren’t using to ask for opt-ins.
Will you be applying these tips to your email marketing campaigns?
CHALLENGE Yourself to Profit!
Free Download: Build Your Profit-Generating Online Business With This Free Blueprint
Sign Up, follow the easy steps and You'll get the tactics, strategies & techniques needed to create your online profit stream. It's free!