Talented copywriters are able to motivate people to take action by purchasing goods or services through writing alone. You can ensure a higher conversion and click through rate simply by providing excellent copy. If your landing page is poorly written not only will the traffic not convert but it could cause expensive back-clicks in your PPC campaigns.
Below are 15 proven techniques to increase conversions, used by effective copywriters:
1. Become A Product Expert – Product expertise is essential for good copywriting.
2. Figure Out The Essence Of Your Product – The essence of your product is the reason is the reason people should respect and love your product.
3. If You Can't Get Love At Least Earn Respect – Use testimonials and examples of social proof i.e. images of other people using the product, positive branding, positive news reports, reviews and other validations that give people a reason to respect your product.
4. Know Your Customer – It's important to know specifically who your customer is so you can speak their language and set the appropriate scene for selling.
5. Speak The Customers Language – Once you’ve identified who your customer is, go to places where your customer hangs out. Amazon reviews, forums, Facebook groups, Twitter. Go to stores. Go to industry seminars. Read consumer reviews. Buy the same newspapers and magazines. Pay careful attention to the use of language. Is it authoritative? Personal? Is the language uneducated? Or specialist? Is the language informal or formal?
6. Identify The Burning Need – What problem does your product solve? What need, as determined by the customer, does you product fulfill? Speak often about the problem, the solution, the need, and how you address that need.
7. Set The Scene – If you walk into a car sales room, what do you see? Gleaming cars. Bright lights. Reflective chrome. It’s like a giant-sized, glittering jewelry box. This is scene setting. It makes you feel like buying, more so than if you walked into a dim, messy basement with cars covered in dust. The scene matches your expectations.
8. Notice I Haven't Talked About The Mechanics Of Copy Writing Yet?
9. Only Once You Understand The Product, The Market, The Customer, And The Need Should You Start Writing – Write as fast as possible without editing, even if what you’re writing is gibberish. When you’ve finished your page, take a break, and then edit. It’s much easier to reduce than to produce.
10. All Page Elements Have One Function -Traditional copy writing manuals tend to say that the purpose of each sentence is get you to read the next sentence, which is true, however we need to be careful when translating this idea into an online environment. Online, people don’t tend to read linearly, at least not for long. They scan. For this reason, paragraph headings become even more important than in print. Break up your copy into headings, bullet points, images, video and other elements that are easy to scan.
11. Create Harmony – Make sure you first paragraph includes a couple of points that are generally true and therefore easy to agree with. People will be a lot more responsive to your sales message if they agree with it. Be honest. If something you say is factually wrong, you run a high risk of losing people. Speak essential truths your audience will deem to be self-evident.
12. Fall Toward Desired Action – The reader should be able to read and scan down to a desired action. Nothing should be superflous or confusing or get in the way of this graceful, downwards momentum. Each concept must build on the next.
13. Curiosity? – Arousing curiosity is the most powerful way to pull people down into your copy and keep them reading until they get to the desired action. All landing pages are stories – the reader should always be cusrious about “what happens next”?
14. Test & Retest – The above points have a “truthiness” quality about them, huh. But how do we know they really work? First of all, this copywriting theory has stood the test of time. If it didn’t work, it wouldn’t still be used. Secondly, and most importantly, testing is essential to the copy-writing process. If one style of copywriting fails with your audience, then try another. The best copy is arrived at through rigorous testing and iteration.
15. “Steal” – Ok, perhaps not steal. Borrow some ideas… Mix and match ideas, test what works, and keep pushing further into doing more of whatever is working well for you.
What other important steps are we leaving out when trying to convert more sales through copy writing?
“Download The 21 Days To Profit Blueprint 100% FREE… and Discover The Single Most Profitable Niche Market Selection Technique”
All new plug and play blueprint builds
profitable Internet businesses in record time…
CHALLENGE Yourself to Profit!
Free Download: Build Your Profit-Generating Online Business With This Free Blueprint
Sign Up, follow the easy steps and You'll get the tactics, strategies & techniques needed to create your online profit stream. It's free!