Every one wants their year to end on the strongest note possible for their brand. This makes it easier to transition into a positive new year for 2014. You can always use video marketing to send a year-end analysis to affiliates and investors as well as a more personal video to your client's and potential customers. This puts a very personal touch on your year-end marketing efforts.
Below are 6 ways to maximize your year-end marketing to go right into a successful New Year:
- Reach Out with Email Campaigns – Whether you have a CRM system in place or are starting from scratch, email is a great way to make direct contact with a large audience. If you are just starting out, good lists can be purchased quickly. But it is always best to grow your own opt-in audience organically, and the holidays – when people are in shopping mode – is a great time. Remember, though: to cut through the clutter, email subject lines must be concise and encourage action by making the benefits clear.
- Update Your Website, It’s Time – The new year is a time for change. If your website is outdated, not on-brand, or non-existent, now is the time to change that. Stop putting it off. According to an Ipsos Mediact/Google study, 80% of shoppers say the internet is the most helpful resource for holiday shopping. Simply removing dead links is a productive start and good momentum for more improvements in the new year.
- Leverage the Power of Images and Video – This one is very simple. On your site or on popular sites like Pinterest and Instagram, fresh imagery can spark interest right now. Hiring a photographer is a small investment to improve your brand image across online and offline channels. Take it one step further by creating video content; it may not be as expensive as you think.
- Start Using Social Media Now – Much like website updates, social media is one of those things some brands avoid despite knowing how important it is. Stop. Rather than viewing it as a necessary evil, embrace it as a way to build an audience you can communicate with on a daily basis. The sooner you start, the sooner it works for you.
- Remember That Content Is King – Content marketing, while a bit of buzzword, is in fact a great way to engage your audience. Nobody wants to believe they’re being sold to. Providing expert, interesting information about a subject you and your customers share an interest in creates a positive brand association.
- Get involved – Community involvement and charitable giving foster a positive brand image, and many local organizations offer networking opportunities in your community as part of your benefits for involvement.
Here’s one thing these six suggestions share: they can all be executed outside of the official media plan you solidified months ago. They also apply to brands large and small, across all industries. Start now!
These tips can be applied to any size business across all industries and can be done outside your regularly scheduled media plan that has already been put into place. Ending off the year with video marketing not only strengthens your entry into the next year but also puts a more personal touch to your marketing efforts then most people are willing to do. Trust me, your client's, customers and business associates will notice and appreciate it.
Do you have any year-end advice that you would be willing to add for our small business owners and blog readers out there?
CHALLENGE Yourself to Profit!
Free Download: Build Your Profit-Generating Online Business With This Free Blueprint
Sign Up, follow the easy steps and You'll get the tactics, strategies & techniques needed to create your online profit stream. It's free!