Everyone stresses out during the holidays, especially business owners. With bad weather causing delays and overselling out of stock products, the list goes on and on. New Entrepreneurs will feel the pain this holiday season more than anyone. But here are some tips below to try to help you avoid the regular stress brought on by this time of year:
1. Get organized. You have a calendar. You know the holidays are fast approaching. Get prepared and start making some plans. Forecast what kind of additional business you’ll be gaining during the holiday boom. Note and set aside the time you’ll be spending with your family far in advance so that you’ll ease through it seamlessly.
2. Communicate. Let your customers and clients know that turnaround time may be slightly slower due to the holiday season. They’ll understand. As long as you’re still fair and fairly speedy, it’s expected for everyone to slow down a little bit.
3. Thank them too. While you’re chatting, it’s probably a good time to start wishing your customers a happy holiday season. They’ll appreciate the personal touch and will be reminded about your services during a giving time of year. Send out your notices early enough to get attention, but not so early it seems intrusive.
4. Ask for help. Ask some people you trust to assist you if get inundated with work. Having a quality pool of go-to employees is a wise move. But mostly, get your ducks in order before the holiday rush. By the time the tide rushes in, you’ll already have your surfboard ready.
5. Give yourself a break. Don’t forget that everyone deserves a great holiday season — even if you have a lot of work to do. Take some time for your family and yourself. Put aside a day or two early on to get your personal shopping done. You take the initiative in your business life, why not do the same in your personal life? Something simple like getting your holiday shopping out of the way can be a huge stress reliever down the line.
6. Set boundaries. Just because it’s the holidays doesn’t mean you can drop everything and run out ice -skating every afternoon. It’s important to gently remind your family that while you will be spending plenty of quality time with them, your work remains your work. Let them know that you’re not to be distracted during certain hours. This may be especially difficult if you work from home and the house is full of visiting family members. Be stern. Close your office door and stay focused. If you prefer, take your work elsewhere for a while. In the evening, join your loved ones for eggnog and cheer.
Secret Amazon Strategy Finally Revealed
Discover how to have products for sale on Amazon within 48 HOURS! And then go on to quickly & easily build an ecommerce empire selling on Amazon. We’ll reveal custom made SOFTWARE and TOOLS designed to help you build your business, choose the right products, get all the stats & build a sustainable & highly profitable business:
Attend Our Next FREE Amazon Ecommerce Live Training Session
Join our CEO, Bill McIntosh, for this free live online training session where he’ll reveal how you can apply a very simple, but powerful strategy that brings you incredibly quick profits with A strange Amazon Ecommerce strategy you’ve probably never seen before: