Was your company affected by the recent Google Panda and Penguin updates this last year?
Before you can solve the problem, you first need to understand why Google’s Panda, Penguin and penalties exist:
We’ve seen tremendous upheaval in the search landscape over the last two years. Google has sent web publishers into a tailspin with Pandas, Penguins and penalties.
An in-depth session at SES San Francisco 2013, Recovering from Penalties, Penguin, and Panda, looked at the types of Google penalties and algorithm updates that can impact your site, why your site may have been affected, and how to recover.
Below are 5 steps to help you clean up links and ensure higher quality content on your own website:
- Build a list of links using tools like Open Site Explorer, Google Webmaster Tools, Bing Webmaster Tools and so on.
- Categorize the links as previously mentioned.
- Examine the links and determine if they are good or bad.
- Get contact info through social, email, or snail mail.
- Be polite when you contact the webmaster. Don’t blame them, but be persistent.
Were you able to recover from any penalties you received?
Free INSTANT REPLAY Training
Watch the replay of this week’s free web workshop & discover how my friend built a 7-figure eCommerce store selling products he NEVER sees, touches or ships.
Plus, his formula for finding products that are guaranteed to sell (and only pays for them AFTER they sell on his store)…