We have all heard or have been told in the past to not sweat the small stuff. Or to not stress over things that are out of our control. This is a saying simply due to so many people struggling to actually do it in their personal lives and at work. The fact of the matter is that, just having an old saying is not going to improve your mood or make you any happier.
When it comes to work you can totally take charge of your mood and become more efficient. In the long run this will bring you the most pleasure and success.
Check out 7 ways below to have the best work days possible:
1. Listen to or read something that inspires you. Rather than distract yourself with news or “entertainment” that only adds to your stress, fill your quieter moments with music, books and TED-like talks that are uplifting and help you aspire to be your best.
2. Make your body stronger and more resilient. When it comes to physical condition, there’s no such thing as staying in the same place. At the end of the day, you’ve either gone downhill or uphill. Take time each day to exercise and eat well — at least enough so you’re headed in the right direction!
3. Review and hone your plans for the future. You’ll make better decisions and be more satisfied with your results if you know that most of what you’re doing fits into your long-term plans and goals. That’s only possible if you keep those plans and goals in the forefront.
4. Do at least one thing that’s worthwhile. Hopefully your day-to-day work is a worthwhile endeavor, but if you’re stuck in a holding pattern of busywork (it happens to all of us), make the extra effort to find something to do that makes a difference and improves the world.
5. Help somebody less fortunate. Self-centered people are always unhappy because they’re shoveling all their energy into the bottomless pit of their egos. The best and easiest way to get over yourself is to do something for somebody who needs your help. Do it anonymously, if possible.
6. Spend 20 seconds appreciating what you have. If you’re reading this blog post, you’re probably striving to achieve an even higher level of success. However, if you don’t stop and feel grateful, I guarantee that you won’t enjoy yourself when you get wherever you’re headed.
7. Record at least one good memory. At the end of the day, take out your journal, smartphone or tablet and write down at least one positive memory about that day. In future months and years, you can glance through these memories to give yourself a boost and remind you why you work so hard.
Some of these ways might not seem like they would be too effective until you start to apply them and see how they elevate your mood and production.
Which way can you see yourself benefiting most from and why?
NOT Your Average Training...
Tired of hearing about Amazon, e-commerce, blogging, social media & the usual stuff?
Watch our on-demand training and discover how easy it is to profit from an online giveaway contest in any niche… without selling a SINGLE thing!