By now everyone knows how important social media marketing is for a successful startup but will you be taking advantage of the holiday season to boost your reach? It doesn't matter which holiday it is because they can all be used pretty much in the same fashion.
Below are 7 tips to optimize your your social media marketing this holiday season:
1. Identify which holidays and events will captivate your audiences – Begin by researching and analyzing which holidays and events are most popular with your audiences. If most of your clients are female teenage fashion mavens, you probably won’t want to waste your efforts on a Super Bowl campaign, so know your targets and use that information to choose which events you’ll use in your marketing.
2. Start early – Plan out your event-based campaign before you launch it. You’ll need plenty of time to brainstorm creative ideas, create content, plan the execution, and optimize your schedule. Determine the ideal time to launch your campaign.
3. Build on audience excitement – Even if your startup has just launched and has yet to create a loyal following, using an event that people are already excited about can get them excited about your startup as well. Let your audience know that you share their enthusiasm for the holidays/events. Make your social media marketing festive and upbeat so that followers will associate their passion for a holiday or event with positive feelings toward your company.
4. Boost search hits with content marketing – Creating searchable holiday or event-related content, like blog posts or videos, is a great way to boost inbound search engine traffic. Tons of people will be searching for the event, and, with the right SEO, you can push your content to the top of the results, boosting awareness of your business and bringing in new customers.
5. Build hype with relevant contests – Contests are a great way to engage followers and build hype for an upcoming event. Get your audiences excited about the holiday as well as your brand by launching promotional contests. Depending on your needs and budget, these can range in scale from a simple Twitter hashtag contest to a complex, international, multimedia scavenger hunt. Find fun, creative ways to center the contest around a holiday or event while also keeping it relevant to your brand.
6. Create timely shareable content – People love getting into the spirit of a holiday or big event, and, in our modern, social media-driven world, this is often done by sharing content across social networks. Create shareable, branded content, from memes to videos to microsites that your followers will share with their networks, exponentially expanding your startup’s reach. Let audiences know about your business, but also make your content more entertaining than promotional so that people will want to share it.
7. Pay attention to analytics – If a Christmas campaign really resonated this year, try it again (but make it bigger and better!) next year. If your Olympics campaign had lackluster results, consider whether the event is unappealing to your audience or if you just need to try different tactics and content. Experiment with your marketing to find the best ways to connect with your followers.
Always learn and take notes from your successes and failures over the years to continue to improve your business marketing.
What other tips can you add that people might overlook when gearing up their social media marketing for the holidays?
Build your own Passive Income-Generating business in this new 10-day challenge!
Join us and participate to get the Tools, Training, and Support you need to produce predictable, passive income. It's easy!