Freelance programming is a lucrative career that offers flexibility and the ability to advance in the industry. You will have to work hard to get to that point and will suffer along the way when carving out a name for yourself online.
These 5 tips will tell if you are ready to put in the hard work and long hours to eventually succeed:
- Attend a good school – but don’t go overboard: Everybody won’t attend Purdue or Harvard. Indeed, not everybody can afford these schools, but nobody should feel that freelance programming is above them. You have a HUGE thing going for you. This is that you are freelance, and your client will care MUCH more about what you prove you can do – as opposed to your formal education.
- Freelancing is all about reputation: Start small, but GET STARTED – right away. Take on jobs that you feel either are inside your skill set, OR jobs that you feel you are willing to pull all-nighters to grow into.
- Utilize the Freelancing Sites: Sign up – and get in the game.
- Spend some time bottom feeding: In the beginning, you won’t receive much money for your work. This period will last a while.
- Save your work: As you work, collect your previous work to use a samples. Best bet is to establish a small website where you can show your wares, but barring that, an old fashioned approach that utilizes a portfolio will serve just fine.
What are we leaving out that will help someone decide if freelance programming is right for them?
Attend Our Next FREE Amazon Ecommerce Live Training Session
Join our CEO, Bill McIntosh, for this free live online training session where he’ll reveal how you can apply a very simple, but powerful strategy that brings you incredibly quick profits with A strange Amazon Ecommerce strategy you’ve probably never seen before:
Secret Amazon Strategy Finally Revealed
Discover how to have products for sale on Amazon within 48 HOURS! And then go on to quickly & easily build an ecommerce empire selling on Amazon. We’ll reveal custom made SOFTWARE and TOOLS designed to help you build your business, choose the right products, get all the stats & build a sustainable & highly profitable business: