How often do you write something completely original? Even then, do you do research and borrow from other peoples ideas? Don’t be ashamed to admit it, how do you think writers get their material? Even better writers will make their work so enjoyable that sometimes you forget they didn’t invent it or create it themselves.
Check out 5 ways to figure out how to solve your readers probesm with your services and products, or simply relate to them, to start churning out killer content:
1. Read and Curate Great Content: Content curation has become a mantra for many writers these days. The key is to find really helpful, actionable, and highly interesting/unique content across the web. If a content is particularly popular (let’s say it’s gone viral), you can assume that most of your target audience has already read or seen it. So unless it’s so vital that it bears repeating, or you can put an extra spin on it by expanding on the central idea, better not include those links in your curated content.
2. Compile Lists: In my experience, nothing performs better than a list post. If you clicked on the title of this article to read it, then you’re now a data point strengthening this hypothesis. List posts are crisp, easily consumable, and can be very informative.
3. Write “How-to’s”: Coming up with one can be tough, however, unless you’ve figured out something yourself and can blog about it in your own terms. It’s easy to regurgitate what others have already blogged, and it’s difficult to write something unique. But if you’ve done or tried something yourself (with the help of other resources, no doubt), and then you write about it, that content is going to be more powerful. It has voice and it has an experience. Most importantly, it has the persona. If possible, try to interact directly with your target audience—through forums, comments, email newsletters, etc.
4. Discovered something? Write about it: If you figure out a new way to measure ROI through Google Analytics, that’s going to be a great thing to share. If you came up with a new way to reduce load times, there’s another post idea! There are many things you do every day… and if you do something new, unique, or even something that’s old but still time-saving, cost-effective, or groundbreaking in some way or another, you’ve found a new post idea to write about.
5. Get controversial: Plunging into a controversy is risky business but if done correctly, you could have a shot at virality. A good, controversial post — say, “Everything You Know About SEO Is Wrong” — has the ability to generate instant and relevant reader interest. But where do you find controversies?
Secret Amazon Strategy Finally Revealed
Discover how to have products for sale on Amazon within 48 HOURS! And then go on to quickly & easily build an ecommerce empire selling on Amazon. We’ll reveal custom made SOFTWARE and TOOLS designed to help you build your business, choose the right products, get all the stats & build a sustainable & highly profitable business:
Attend Our Next FREE Amazon Ecommerce Live Training Session
Join our CEO, Bill McIntosh, for this free live online training session where he’ll reveal how you can apply a very simple, but powerful strategy that brings you incredibly quick profits with A strange Amazon Ecommerce strategy you’ve probably never seen before: