Dropshipping is hot right now.
This approach to Ecommerce keeps you free from having to deal with storing inventory or organizing shipping logistics, while making it easy to sell all kinds of products on Amazon or on your website.
Products are usually sourced from AliBaba, from Ali Express, or directly from overseas manufacturers.
Buy low, sell high, make a profit.
There are tons of niches out there you can consider if you’re considering getting into the dropshipping game.
People sell all kinds of products using this approach, but where do you start?
There are some types of niches that can be particularly profitable for dropshippers.
They tend to be evergreen, and while they’re not saturated and ultra-competitive, there are a decent number of people out there that are interested in them.
In a recent blog post, Anton Kraly of Dropship Lifestyle lists viable niche ideas in three main categories:
- Niches that revolve around a particular hobby, for which you can find a variety of products;
- Niches where the key products have accessories that accompany them, giving you extra opportunities to make sales;
- Niches that lend themselves well to the formation of online communities
He’s listed a total of 30 across these three categories. Here are his top niches.
Out of all the hobbies, we found that these 10 niches (in no particular order) were winners:
- Deep sea fishing
- Home Brewing
- Model Trains
- Arts & Crafts
- Doll Houses
These niches have a lot of opportunities to use smaller offers for building trust with your customers.
That way they’re comfortable buying your main offer.
Also, you can make some great free content with these niches to attract potential customers.
Niches With Accessories You Can Sell
We chose niches that make you more money through selling add-ons with your main product. That means you make much more money per transaction.
- Power Tools -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Woodworking Plans
- Drum Sets -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Drum Lessons
- Gun Safes -> Value Added Upsell Idea: NRA Membership
- Wall Paper -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Interior Design Consultation
- Snowboards -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Snowboard Bags
- Trampolines -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Safety Net
- Fireplaces -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Fireplace Screens
- Desks -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Office Chairs
- Home Bars -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Bar Stools
- Above Ground Pools -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Pool Covers
Niches Where You Can Build a Community
Building a great community will turn you into a trusted authority to your customers and newcomers alike.
Facebook is a destination, a habit, a way of life.
So if you can tie your brand to their Facebook AND have them interact, then you become more than just a store.
You become a destination, a habit, and a way of life.
So what niches are perfect for building Facebook groups with?
Here are the top 10 niches of 2017 for building communities with:
- MMA Training Equipment: Take advantage of the buzz created around fights
- Spelunking: It’s a competitive hobby, think photo bragging rights of “who climbed into that really really small hole”. Plus it’s usually a group activity.
- Survival Prepping: Think “Doomsday” Preppers.
- Exotic Pet Supplies: People, LOVE their pets, and they also LOVE talking about their pets.
- RC Cars & Planes: Not just for kids. Adults pay some serious bucks for this niche.
- Rock Climbing Equipment: Also a group activity. Many rock climbers join local climbing Facebook groups to meet fellow climbers & talk “rock”!
- Lawn Care: These are the type of people who win “Lawn of the Month”.
- Robot Building: Another expensive “toy” for adults. There are even robot competitions!
- Bio-Hacking: Huge trend up over the past few years.
- Amateur Photography: So many accessories to talk shop about: light boxes, stands, green screens, filters, etc.
With these niches, you’ll be able to build up an active Facebook group that your customer will love to interact with. More importantly, you’ll have a brand that they’ll love to buy from!
You can read more about selecting a niche for dropshipping over at Dropship Lifestyle.