Marketers were scrambling last year to find alternate methods to track down searches for keywords. The fact is, there are other methods that work that were not affected by these changes.
Here are some ways to master SEO without Google Analytics:
1. Talk to your customers. The simplest and most obvious way to avoid analytics is to cut out the middle man and talk to as many of your loyal customers as you can. You’ll get a better feel for how your SEO is working and where you need to optimize when you hear it directly from the people you’ve affected.2. Focus on relevant content. When you focus on analytics, creating great content can take a backseat to constant anxieties about backlinks, social shares, bounce rate and more. You’d be surprised to see just how far good content goes — no data needed.
3. Monitor backlinks and ensure a clean link profile. Using other programs that aren’t necessarily analytics-based — such as Raven SEO Tools and Majestic-SEO — will help to ensure that your link profile is clean and will also improve your organic ranking. These same tools can also monitor your backlinks in order to avoid having to remove a lot of negative links all at once.
4. Throw yourself into social media. Never underestimate the power of social shares and engagement. It takes a while to see shares of your articles. Don’t simply look at the social shares on your own site and assume that it means that one post is more popular than another. Make it a priority to go out and promote your posts on the social networks where you’re active. Only then can you make accurate assumptions about how your content is performing.
5. Use a tool to analyze your anchor text. While this strategy does employ data, it doesn’t require Google analytics and can help you understand the organic growth of your company. CognitiveSEO, for instance, shows you the anchor text that is being used when people link back to your website. This will help you see what terms are getting the most attention so that your writers can focus on those terms.
6. Stay informed. Part of having a successful SEO strategy is staying informed about what is going on in the industry—both your own industry and the SEO industry. If you’re following trends and understand how Google might be evolving, you’re already ahead of many businesses who ignore these trends.
What do you do to create a successful SEO strategy with out using any type of Analytics?
Image Source: Go Local Search on Flickr
CHALLENGE Yourself to Profit!
Free Download: Build Your Profit-Generating Online Business With This Free Blueprint
Sign Up, follow the easy steps and You'll get the tactics, strategies & techniques needed to create your online profit stream. It's free!