Ever since the late 1990s, the rise of eCommerce has fundamentally transformed the way we buy and sell products. But the internet is a place where five years is practically an eternity. Over the decades, eCommerce has changed a lot.
So what's the state of the eCommerce world today, in 2017? In a new video from Digital Marketer, six world-leading experts discuss the latest developments in eCommerce for physical products.
Some of the highlights from these unique expert insights include:
- Video brings results. Because it's a format that many people prefer for consuming media, it's a great way to connect with your customers.
- Ad targeting on Facebook, Google Adwords, and other advertising platforms has seen significant refinement over the last twelve months. Online stores can leverage this to target audiences with remarkable precision.
- Brands are seeing a lot of success by creating genuinely engaging content that their audience can connect with emotionally. If you can make someone feel something, they're more likely to share your content, and this drives sales in the long run.
- Successful eCommerce brands are engaging their prospects. Surveys, quizzes, and other ways of asking for their point of view are highly effective at creating ongoing engagement.
- Knowing your customer is essential. You need insight into what your customers are looking for, and what information really matters to them.
- If you want to connect with people, be human. Getting out there and talking about your team, and creating a lot of transparency about your company, creates a sense of authenticity that really resonates with people.
For more wisdom from leading eCommerce specialists, check out the full video below.
CHALLENGE Yourself to Profit!
Free Download: Build Your Profit-Generating Online Business With This Free Blueprint
Sign Up, follow the easy steps and You'll get the tactics, strategies & techniques needed to create your online profit stream. It's free!