There are thousands of tips out there on how you can conduct better social media and how to engage better with out ever mentioning what we all might be doing wrong. The problem is that most people think they are following all of the right steps, when in reality, the lack of attention to detail on each one may be making all of the effort pointless.
So this article will take a bit of a different take on what you may be doing wrong with 5 reasons below:
1. You’re not consistent – How to Avoid This: To ensure you post regularly, you need to have a posting plan in place. This involves using a tool like HootSuite, Buffer or SproutSocial for social media updates, and scheduling your blog posts to go live at set intervals (if you’re using WordPress, scheduling is built in. Just click ‘Edit’ next to ‘Publish immediately’). Be sure you also schedule in time to read and respond to comments and reply to questions.
2. You’re not offering anything unique – How to Avoid This: When you’re coming up with ideas for your blog and social media posts, don’t be content to just post what everyone else is posting. What unique angle or spin can you put on the topic at hand? How can you tailor it to your audience? When you come up with a schedule for your posts (see #1), keep these questions in mind to avoid rehashing the same old content and ideas.
3. You’re focused on receiving rather than giving – How to Avoid This: One of the best ways to keep your focus on your customers is to have a clearly-articulated mission statement that guides all your content creation and promotion.
4. You’re not using the right networks for your audience- How to Avoid This: Do some research into where you target market is hanging out. There are a number of ways you can do this: First, do some research on the key demographics of each of the social networks. Second, ask your current customers where they prefer to connect with you. You can set up a quick survey using Survey Monkey orKwikSurveys, and post it on your site or send it out to your email subscribers.
5. You’re impersonal – How to Avoid This: Here are a few tips for connecting with your audience in a more authentic, personal way:
- Sign your name occasionally so your fans and followers know there’s a real person behind your posts.
- Don’t be all business, all the time. Don’t be afraid to post a personal photo, opinion or anecdote from time to time. This will help you stand out by bringing a strong human element to your brand.
- Don’t over complicate things. Focus less on strategy, and more on being real with your audience.
Do you see a majority of blogs talking about how you can improve things rather than what you may be doing wrong?
“Download The 21 Days To Profit Blueprint 100% FREE… and Discover The Single Most Profitable Niche Market Selection Technique”
All new plug and play blueprint builds
profitable Internet businesses in record time…
CHALLENGE Yourself to Profit!
Free Download: Build Your Profit-Generating Online Business With This Free Blueprint
Sign Up, follow the easy steps and You'll get the tactics, strategies & techniques needed to create your online profit stream. It's free!