This can happen to everyone.
Sometimes it's just an occasional thing..
Maybe you had a hangover the morning before and slept too late, or maybe you had too much caffeinated soda too late in the evening.
Ever find yourself lying awake at night, tossing and turning and trying to get to sleep?
But sleep just won't come. For most, it's occasional.
But for a lot of people, insomnia can be frequent, recurring, and hard to get rid of.
A full 10% of the US population struggles with chronic insomnia disorder, a clinically significant sleep disorder.
Another 20% or so have struggled with short-term insomnia at various times over the course of their lives.
Because it's such a common issue, insomnia solutions are a massive niche, worth over $4 billion.
For smart entrepreneurs, it's a great opportunity to figure out a subniche and get a piece of the pie for yourself.
Nichehacks presents some pretty impressive numbers.
Check out some of their data below.
Market Size & Worth
- Global Insomnia Market was valued at $4 billion in 2016
- It is estimated to reach $5 billion by 2023
- The U.S. insomnia market is projected to reach USD 4.24 Billion by 2021 from USD 3.38 Billion in 2016
- Sleep Disorders Market was worth $3.5 billion, which is forecast to decrease to $3.4 billion by 2017
- The insomnia therapeutics market has been growing at a fast pace over the past few years but is expected to decline with a rate of -3.8% from 2011 to 2017 due to high competition in the market
- Among adults 30 – 35% have brief symptoms of insomnia
- 15 – 20% have short-term insomnia disorder
- 10% have chronic insomnia disorder
- A population-based telephone survey of US adults was conducted and 23% who suffer lack of sleep was never married
- 60% were married
- 17% were previously married
- 43% reported having children aged 18 in the household
Keyword Avg Monthly Searches Insomnia 189,000 Insomnia causes 9,500 How to cure insomnia 4,200 Insomnia symptoms 2,200 Insomnia wiki 1,600 Insomnia 1,300 Insomnia causes 1,000
The table above shows the monthly searches on Google for this niche.
Combined they add up to over 1,330,000 searches a month and that's not including the thousands of long tail keywords that we haven't covered.
This is a huge niche with a lot of demand.
Google.com Insomnia Insomnia cookies Insomniac Insomnia icd 10 Insomnia meaning
Amazon.com Insomnia Insomnia cure
Insomnia is common, and there are tons of people out there looking for solutions. Why not be the person who helps them solve their problem? There's a lot of money to be found there, just waiting for someone to innovate.
You can find more data on the insomnia remedy niche in the full post from NicheHacks.
“Download The 21 Days To Profit Blueprint 100% FREE… and Discover The Single Most Profitable Niche Market Selection Technique”
All new plug and play blueprint builds
profitable Internet businesses in record time…
CHALLENGE Yourself to Profit!
Free Download: Build Your Profit-Generating Online Business With This Free Blueprint
Sign Up, follow the easy steps and You'll get the tactics, strategies & techniques needed to create your online profit stream. It's free!