Over the years, cameras and home security systems have gotten more affordable, more accessible, and more common.
You'd be surprised how many people have this kind of thing in their home.
Even in the safest corners of Suburbia, you'll see quite a few yards with a sign from ADT or a similar company.
Chances are, most people in a typical American subdivision have some kind of security system to protect against burglaries and home invasions.
It's not necessarily the most obvious niche, but there's a lot of space there.
Revenue from security alarm sales alone in the US averages $23 billion a year, and the industry's seen a lot of recent growth.
If you're looking for a solid, evergreen niche for an affiliate site or an online store, home security might be a perfect choice.
People will always want to feel safe.
Sure, maybe they're sometimes a little paranoid about it, but it gives homeowners peace of mind.
You could easily sell video equipment on Amazon or through Shopify, offer affiliate-monetized product reviews for cameras and security systems, and otherwise find ways to make a profit from this surprisingly secure product niche.
A recent post from Nichehacks offers some promising data.
Market Size & Worth
- Amount earned in revenue sales on security alarms is $23 billion in the US alone
- Annual growth was 4.3% from 2011 to 2016
- The industry is being catered by 56,549 business that employ 184,767 people
- In 2013, the security technology & services market generated about 67 billion U.S. dollars in revenues worldwide. This figure is expected to grow to 86 billion U.S. dollars by 2016
- The United States has the most number of surveillance cameras per thousand of people
- Video surveillance is the second most profitable security product in the U.S., falling behind integrated non-residential.
- 85% percent of police officials surveyed who believe home alarm systems help deter burglary attempts.
- 7,400,000 number of homes secured by ADT Security in the US
- Home security is being used by top earning people.
- Middle income families also use the surveillance system to protect their families
- Families where the bread winner is between 30 to 40 are most likely to get home security measures
- Higher income households are more likely to have a security system
Keyword Avg Monthly Searches Front point security 17,000 DIY home security systems 5,400 Wireless home security systems 5,100 Home security companies 4,700 Front point security reviews 4,200 Home security system reviews 3,600 Home security systems consumer reports 1,400 Front point security cost 1,300
The table above shows the monthly searches on Google for this niche.
Combined they add up to over 30K searches a month and that's not including the thousands of long tail keywords that we haven't covered.
This is a huge niche with a lot of demand.
Google.com Front point security Home security companies Wireless home security systems DIY home security systems Front point security reviews Home security system reviews Front point security cost Home security systems consumer reports
Amazon.com home security system home security cameras vivint home security xfinity home security home security products
You can find more details on the home security surveillance camera niche, and related subniches, in the full post from Nichehacks.
CHALLENGE Yourself to Profit!
Free Download: Build Your Profit-Generating Online Business With This Free Blueprint
Sign Up, follow the easy steps and You'll get the tactics, strategies & techniques needed to create your online profit stream. It's free!