Anyone who sells franchises to their store knows how important every single new location is extremely important. Not only does it return more profit but it helps get your name out and expand even more.
Below are 8 tips for anyone looking to further expand their franchise:
1. Don't forget the little guy – Be sure to have a variety of marketing materials available to your franchisees for their new stores. Your :30 TV spot, :60 radio spot, full-page print ads and 14’ x 48’ outdoor executions may all be outstanding, but if your franchisee can’t use any of them, due to high production or media costs, it becomes quickly frustrating for them.
2. Make your materials readily available and easy to access – Make sure you have a system of delivery that’s easy to understand, easy to review and quick to access. Most marketing materials today are best provided through password-protected digital access via a dedicated website.
3. Provide clear and helpful instructions – Be sure to make it clear to your new franchisees what each marketing piece was designed to do (and how it should be used). Some simple explanation and direction goes a long way with someone new to marketing and can avert big headaches for you and your staff.
4. Provide timely updates – Nothing is more frustrating to a new franchisee who’s bought into your marketing plan than rarely or never seeing available marketing materials updated. Worse, the absence of new marketing materials may be read as the franchise being directionally indecisive or even failing.
5. Offer promotional and holiday ideas – One easy way to keep things fresh for your new franchisees is to offer a few seasonal or holiday-oriented promotion ideas. Back these ideas with a few graphics and/or photography and you’ll be seen as a real advocate in your dedication to their ongoing success.
6. Provide clear contact information – Provide clear information on who to contact if your new franchisees have questions about the materials or are having problems acquiring them. This seems simple and obvious, but you’d be surprised by how often providing this type of support is overlooked.
7. To charge or not to charge – Should you charge your franchisees for marketing materials or not? Because of widely available digital delivery systems, you are now primarily only dealing with the cost to develop your base materials. In this competitive franchise environment, the offering of quality marketing materials has truly become a franchisor’s cost of doing business. If your TV and/or radio involve specific tagging or customization, you should offer those services at a nominal cost to your franchisees.
8. Ask for input and be open to feedback – When it concerns the use of the marketing materials you are providing for new store openings, the franchisees are the ones on the front lines who can provide invaluable input and feedback. Have an open mind and it can be a truly collaborative effort that is successful on many levels.
Properly applying these 8 tips any time of year can really help you expand smoothly and keep new investors on board.
What else do you feel is incredibly important to provide to your franchisees?
“Download The 21 Days To Profit Blueprint 100% FREE… and Discover The Single Most Profitable Niche Market Selection Technique”
All new plug and play blueprint builds
profitable Internet businesses in record time…
CHALLENGE Yourself to Profit!
Free Download: Build Your Profit-Generating Online Business With This Free Blueprint
Sign Up, follow the easy steps and You'll get the tactics, strategies & techniques needed to create your online profit stream. It's free!