Millions of shoppers will be starting late this holiday season to get killer deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. The important thing is to make sure you are ready now with your sales and specials and marketing campaigns. Last year alone Black Friday and Cyber Monday hit almost 3 billions dollars in eCommerce alone.
If you haven't fully prepared for this holiday season then check out these tips below and make sure you're ready:
1. Offer Black Friday & Cyber Monday Discounts – This should probably be on the top of your holiday store optimization checklist. Consumers flock to shopping online on Black Friday and Cyber Monday specifically for the actual or perceived discounts that they’re told to expect on those days.
2. Have a Countdown To Signal Anticipation and Scarcity – Holiday seasons and countdowns go together like peanut butter and jelly. Have you ever celebrated New Years without one?
3. Learn From Last Year’s Analytics – The closest you can get to anticipating the future is taking a look back and using last year’s numbers as benchmarks you can add or subtract from. Take advantage of both your ecommerce and web analytics to have a sound idea of everything from what deals and discounts worked last year to how much inventory you should have in stock this year.
4. Own Your Email Marketing Strategy – Want to know how shoppers heard about all those awesome discounts and deals you’re planning on offering? According to research by Monetate, email clearly comes out as the winner.
5. Take Advantage of the Increased Traffic by Collecting Emails – Let’s face it, the holiday season is great, but you’re going to want to keep the momentum going after things start to die down. One surefire way to do just that is to collect your email addresses from your visitors to build both a responsive and profitable ecommerce mailing list. Once you have a list going, think about leveraging it to your utmost advantage.
6. Offer Free Shipping – What if I were to tell you that consumers preferred free shipping worth $6.99 in savings over a $10 product discount? Sounds bizarre, but that’s exactly what a professor at the Wharton School of Business found in a study.
7. Add Live Chat – With so many eager shoppers dying to get their hands on your products and take advantage of your Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals, you can bet they’ll be overly antsy and have tons of questions to ask. Which is why even if you don’t have live support year round as a smaller online merchant, you should certainly consider it for the busy holiday season.
By applying these tips you can almost ensure you will be making the most of this holiday sales season.
Do you have any tricks that you are willing to share with our readers below to get noticed during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping rush?
CHALLENGE Yourself to Profit!
Free Download: Build Your Profit-Generating Online Business With This Free Blueprint
Sign Up, follow the easy steps and You'll get the tactics, strategies & techniques needed to create your online profit stream. It's free!
“Download The 21 Days To Profit Blueprint 100% FREE… and Discover The Single Most Profitable Niche Market Selection Technique”
All new plug and play blueprint builds
profitable Internet businesses in record time…