Trying to make money online so you can ditch the nine to five once and for all? Or, maybe you've already become successfully self-employed and financially independent.
Either way, you're not alone.
Tons of people out there are looking for ways to make money online, from the comfort of their own home.
Whether they're a college student or stay-at-home parent looking to make a little extra cash, or they're someone with a skill set that translates well to freelance work, there are millions of people looking for opportunities to earn money through the internet.
And guess what?
You're already in that group of people. Even if you're targeting a subniche that isn't related to affiliate marketing, you still have a firsthand understanding of what motivates your audience.
You're already basically an expert.
Unlike many niches, you won't have to spend hours and hours doing research to get yourself up to speed.
And with the ongoing rise of the so-called “gig economy,” this is a niche that's going to continue to grow well into the future.
It's true that “make money online” is one of those niches that can be very competitive and very saturated. But within this niche, there are tons of possible subniches and possible audiences that no one's tapped into yet.
A broad and popular niche like this can be intimidating at first, but once you narrow things down, you'll find that you can carve out a place for yourself. And that place can be quite profitable.
NicheHacks has the numbers to back it up. Check out these impressive stats.
Market Size & Worth
- Upwork is the world’s largest online workplace. More than 2.5 million businesses and 8 million freelancers
- Just Elance (now Upwork, one of the top online jobs website) website worth $ 96M
- As of May 2014, Upwork reported $1B in annual billings
- Upwork has 10 million freelancers and 4 million clients worldwide
- As of February 2013, Elance is used by approximately 500,000 businesses and 2 million registered freelance professionals, who have collectively earned nearly $850 million to date
- 53 million Americans — are now freelancing, according to the most comprehensive survey of the U.S. independent workforce in nearly a decade
- More than 5,050 U.S. working adults over the age of 18 were surveyed online between July 19, 2014 – July 31, 2014.
- 6% of online freelancers are males and remaining are females.
- Average age of full-time freelancers is 32.
- 7% of freelancers come from America.
Keyword Avg Monthly Searches Online Jobs 201,000 Online writing jobs 6,600 Online editing jobs 1,600 Writing jobs Online 2,400 Work from home 165,000 Online programming jobs 720 Online content writing jobs 880 Freelancing jobs 5,400 Freelancers 22,200 Free lancer 18,100
The table above shows the monthly searches on Google for this niche.
Combined they add up to an over 423,900 searches a month and that's not including the thousands of long tail keywords that we haven't covered.
This is a huge niche with a lot of demand.
It may be a broad and competitive niche, but there's still a lot of opportunity for smart affiliate marketers to carve out their piece of the “work online” pie. You can read more about it over at NicheHacks.
CHALLENGE Yourself to Profit!
Free Download: Build Your Profit-Generating Online Business With This Free Blueprint
Sign Up, follow the easy steps and You'll get the tactics, strategies & techniques needed to create your online profit stream. It's free!