By now every business owner is starting to realize how important social media actually is. The hard part is trying to figure out how to properly use it.
Below are some ways you can harness the power of social media with out wasting time:
Create a business blog.Blogs have been around since the modern world wide web came into existence, but they’ve gone through a slow but definite transformation over the years from informal public diary to a legitimate source of news and educational content.
As such, many blogs being published today have become the go-to source for industry news and thought leadership on various topics. For instance, if you’re interested in the latest tech news, Mashable and TechCrunch absolutely must be on your reading list.
Is there any reason why you and your brand shouldn’t enjoy the same position in your industry?
Here are some of the major benefits that come with consistent, high-quality business blogs:
- An audience comes to you – with engaging and entertaining content produced on a regular schedule, optimized for keywords your target audience searches for online, your blog will draw them to you like flies to honey. Here at RWC, we call that a “magnetic website.”
- Unlimited sharing potential – when you’re producing high-quality blog content on a regular basis, you’re not relegated to inserting yourself into other peoples’ social media conversations. You can share your own content and start conversations with your connections on every channel.
- An open forum for discussion – although they’re not quite as popular as they used to be, the comments section of each blog post provides an opportunity for you to interact directly with your readers to continue the conversation your post began. (As an added social media benefit, Blogger blog comments are powered by Google+ and you can use a WordPress plugin to power Facebook comments on your WordPress blogs!)
- Relationships forged on social media can be expanded to the blog and vice versa – rather than just retweeting your follower’s tweets, you can invite them to read and subscribe to your blog, therefore deepening the relationship and making yourself stand out above the noise of his Twitter stream.
- Blog content can be repurposed for social media – Every blog post contains as many as a dozen or more solid ideas that would make excellent tweets or updates your social media audiences would be interested in seeing.
But perhaps the greatest benefit that comes from a business blog is the overall combination of the above elements.
By getting involved in creating valuable content about your field of expertise, you take a step up from most of your social media peers. Rather than just participating in the conversation, you can become the subject and the facilitator of the conversation.
And that’s an excellent position for any businessperson to be in.
By combining the elements above you can easily strengthen your social media efforts.
Do you currently run a business blog and how has it changed your marketing results?
INSTANT REPLAY CASE STUDY:
Discover the 2-step formula he used to make $13,390 without selling a SINGLE thing!
No, seriously. We’ll walk through this case study and show his exact strategy, PLUS demonstrate this powerful technique by making money right before your eyes!