There are a lot of people looking for work. Even if you are not one of them, micro-jobs could be a great supplemental income source. are a quickly growing source to make more money and even to replace a regular income.
Sites like eLance, TaskRabbit, Fiverr, 99designs and 3to30.com are virtual employment offices offering gigs you can pick up and put down as needed. Sometimes you bid on jobs and sometimes you post your own ad, whether serious or offbeat. (“I will create a lacrosse trick and name it after you.”)
Whether you call this consulting, freelance or “microjobs,” more of us are headed that way, according to Kristin Cardinale. The author of The 9-to-5 Cure, Cardinale cites U.S. Department of Labor projections that “millions of short-term workers” are needed.
Earning extra money from a micro job can help you take care of urgent bills or even get your car running again. Once you try this type of work you can learn what skills you need to be successful. Some of the essentials are listed below:
- Current skills. Computer- or Internet-related jobs require up-to-the-nanosecond knowledge. It’s a constantly morphing niche.
- A thick skin. Having your ideas/proposals rejected can feel like someone saying your baby is ugly.
- Ledger smarts. Make sure you get paid for all your work. Remember to factor in job-finding site fees (as little as a dollar, maybe a percentage of what you earn).
- The ability to prioritize. Multiple projects means careful time management.
- An all-business attitude. Stick to the contract. One freelancer was asked for a additional article and was told she’d be paid extra. Guess what didn’t happen.
You may question if you have what it takes or if you could replace an entire income this way and the answer is yes! Anything you do well can be turned into a skill and with a little dedication you can learn to use it to replace your current income.
What micro jobs have you tried?
Drive Floods Of Traffic & Generate Online Income With A Simple Copy & Paste Strategy
On this live online training you’ll discover how copying, pasting & sharing online can results in a huge income. We’ll show you how we drove 2.2 Million visitors to a brand new site and produced $17,964 in affiliate commissions for just 90 minutes total “work”