Most companies out there have been experiencing lay offs over the last few years. With positions being outsourced or becoming obsolete it is not a surprise to anyone. Many people have stopped looking for a perfect or better job and are just sticking to jobs that they know they can get and think they can keep.
If you feel you are at this point as well why not take charge and create the perfect job that you will be able to keep?
Right now there are tons of virtual options all based around making money online. Below are some pros and cons about becoming a virtual assistant:
Advantages of becoming a virtual assistant:
- You never have to look for another job, because you have created your own.
- You set your own schedule, including vacations and days off.
- You are the boss.
- You can choose to earn more or less money depending on how much you are willing to work.
- As a virtual business you can work from home (or anywhere in the world).
Disadvantages of becoming a virtual assistant:
- You don’t have a job, which means no salary, no benefits and no vacation pay.
- You set your own schedule, but work according to your client needs, which may mean you are up until 3:00am to meet a deadline.
- You are the boss, which means it’s all up to you. You find the clients, you do the work, you pay the bills and you meet the deadlines
- You work from home, with all the inherent distractions of being at home. That includes kids, housework, pets, TV, the garden, online games and Googling yourself.
- You can make as much money as you are willing to work for, but it is way too easy to work way too much and burn out.
If you are considering taking this path make sure you know how to run the show. You will be expected to take charge, trouble shoot and solve problems and complete tasks by their deadlines all on your own. While you won’t have a whole company to fall back on you will be able to tweak and change things as desired to make your operation run smoothly.
Are you seriously considering taking this step in 2014? Why?