The key to a great niche market is finding one with a passionate audience ready to spend money. And that’s exactly what we’ve got here.
It doesn’t have to be a gigantic market to make a nice profit (although it doesn’t hurt). Your ability to be profitable has much more to do with how you engage your audience and present them solutions than it does the total size of the market.
A $1.5 million dollar market isn’t enormous, but it’s nothing to sneeze at either. What’s more important is that more and more people are being drawn to this market, with their wallets open.
I’m talking about the “Learn Chinese” niche.
Some people want to learn Chinese for fun, others to drastically stand out in a professional setting. Whatever the reason, it’s a great niche to monetize with an authority blog and affiliate offers.
Big thanks to our friends at NicheHacks for doing all the initial research for us. That way, if you wanted, you could jump right in and create your niche site.
Here’s the detailed breakdown of the niche:
Market Size & Worth
- Market Size is $1.52 million
- Enrollment in Chinese-language classes has increased 51% since 2002
- There are Chinese programs in more than 550 elementary, junior high and senior high schools
- In 2010 alone, 750,000 people from around the world took the Official Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK)
- 51,582 number of US students studied Chinese in college and universities
- 40 million people were studying Chinese as a second language in 2008
An independent school in the UK made Chinese one of their compulsory subjects for study in 2006.
For comparison, in 2005, 117,660 non-native speakers took the Chinese Proficiency Test, an increase of 26.52% from 2004.
- Core consumers aged 40-44 about 8.9% followed by 35-39 and aged group of 25-29 about 8.5% and 8.1% respectively
- 60.9% Male and 54.4% Female users are married
- 23.9% people have secondary level educational qualification
- 28.4% people are manager or above
- 20.2% are in occupation wholesale and retail trade
Sub-Niches To Explore
- Learn Chinese
- Learn Chinese characters
- Learning ancient Chinese
- Chinese symbol
- Simplified Chinese characters
- Chinese as a foreign language
- Mandarin Chinese – spoken language
- Learn mandarin app
May Also Be Interested:
- Alphabet – language learning type
- English language – spoken language
- Learning Japanese language
- Learn Cantonese
Influential People In The Niche
These are the 3 most influential people in the market niche on learn Chinese mandarin.
Network with them. Highlight or feature them in your content. Interview them. Use them to do research.
These people are NOT your enemy, but instead, potential partners who can send you traffic and work with you
The types of items you can market to learn Chinese mandarin Niche is apparent when you look at the offerings online. People are looking for Chinese books, e-learning materials etc.
Products on Amazon:
Best Selling Products On Amazon:
There will always be newer and better products which means buying the latest and items that will generate sales as well as repeat sales for you.
(note: you can also find offers from places like Shareasale, Kindle, Udemy, etc.)
Most Common Topics And Questions
These questions / topics are problems that need solving. Solve them in your content and through your product recommendations and you’ll have a happy audience ready to spend money.
Amazon, Clickbank and other networks have products which cater to these problems.
- What is Mandarin Language?
- What are all the chinese languages?
- What are the characteristics of the Chinese language?
- Basics of Mandarin Chinese
- How to start to learn Chinese Mandarin Language?
- Essential books for learning Chinese Mandarin
Blog Topic Ideas
These are some proven blog topic ideas that would work well in this niche:
- 10 Quick Tips About Learn Chinese Mandarin
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet On Learn Chinese Mandarin
- What Will Learn Chinese Mandarin Be Like In 100 Years?
- 10 Things Your Competitors Can Teach You About Learn Chinese Mandarin
Reasons To Get Involved In The Niche
- Learn Chinese Mandarin is a timeless market and is highly profitable.
- It’s worth $1.52 million so now is the perfect time to get involved.
- Over 96,300 people are searching for just the most obvious keywords every month – showing huge online demand.
- The target audience is both male and female aged 35 to 44 tend to have disposable income to spend – you can benefit from that spending.
- Between the social media hubs and forums there’s around 55,380 members meaning a huge pool of engaged traffic to tap into.
- There’s an endless array of content ideas in the niche including popular ones like “Learning Chinese Mandarin within 30 days” and “Learning Chinese Characters” – create similar content but better and it’s almost guaranteed to go viral.
- People are passionate about this topic and ready to spend money, you can see they already buy Lear Chinese Mandarin apps and Learn Chinese Mandarin Books it may as well be spent with you.
- There’s endless problems from How to start Chinese Mandarin to Learning Chinese Mandarin Characters and every problem as a product available which solves it – sell these as an affiliate.
- There’s plenty of good domain names available including com and learnchinesemandarin.org – pick one and get started.
- Rosetta Stone® and TutorMing.com or Learn Mandarin in 30 Days – Scientifically Proven Method are advertising in this niche showing it must be profitable, people don’t spend money on ads if they can’t profit from them – get involved.
How To ‘Hack’ Your Way Into The Niche
You can have an up-to-date and relevant authority site on Learn Chinese Mandarin.
This niche has got it all – an obsessive audience with money to spend lots of products on sale, tons of social media sites, loads of blogs and forums with an easy to reach target audience.
You drive traffic from blog commenting, guest posting, forum marketing, interacting on social media with influencers.
You get your content ideas from seeing what’s popular on other Learn Chinese Mandarin blogs and related blogs and simply write something bigger and better, bolder and stronger. Make the other ones pale in comparison.
Your profits can grow in no time thanks to the passionate audience in this exciting niche market.
By networking with others in the niche, sharing their content and linking to them, your website will grow. Just watch as they return the favor.
And don’t forget to build your email list so you can continue to build your relationship with your audience, drive traffic back to your newest content, and promote to your audience.
Remember, there is no such thing as a competitive niche. Every niche report shows the potential of an existing market.
It’s your job to take your unique angle and zoom into a sub-niche. It doesn’t matter if millions of people read this niche report.
There is still plenty room of growth.
You can read more about this niche and other affiliate marketing topics from our friends at NicheHacks.