Did you know that the top platforms for video hosting right now is YouTube and Vimeo? Are you currently harnessing the power of video marketing with either one or both of these platforms?
If you are not currently, it is something you should definitely focus on from this point forward. Video marketing is becoming more and more popular simply because it is a more convenient way to stay in touch, share updates, social network and now it is even creeping into email marketing in the forms of newsletters and product or service updates. The only task now is figuring out which platform works better for your business.
Check out 5 reasons you might want to choose Vimeo over YouTube when it comes to video marketing:
1. The Community of Professionals: Vimeo’s not nearly as large — it gets roughly 70 million unique visitors each month — but its modest size creates an intimate and fully engaged community. It’s a network of people who are genuinely interested in film quality, too, so you know your work is being seen by people who will appreciate it.
2. There’s Less … Fluff: Don’t get us wrong — there are plenty of gems on YouTube. But the problem with a site where more than 70 hours of video are uploaded every minute is that not every hour is going to be something you’d like to watch.
3. The Cleaner Layout: Videos are larger and there’s limited clutter around the frame, so it really feels like the primary focus of the website is on the video, and nothing else.
4. No Advertisements: No distracting banners or 30-second commercials before your video starts — a huge perk for the viewer.
5. Password Protection: Lastly, Vimeo allows you to password-protect your videos, so you can share them with friends before setting them as public. It differs from creating a “private” video on YouTube in that you don’t need to be logged into the video’s account to view it — you just forward the video to your recipient and make sure they know which password to type in.