If you are thinking of becoming a franchise owner you will want to choose the right one for your personality. Most people consider other aspects like finances, franchise locations and rules but never really think about it fitting with their personality. By becoming self aware of your personality type it is easier to see if you can fit the franchises requirements.
Create a list of the following to help decide what type of franchise suits you:
- Am I an extrovert or an introvert?
- Do I enjoy work that requires attention to detail?
- Am I more of a hands-off or hands-on person when it comes to management?
- Do I want to interact with many people or focus on other aspects of a business?
- What type of schedule best suits my lifestyle?
- Is the franchise brand something I want to promote?
- Do my skills match up with the requirements of the franchise?
If you’re still unsure of which path to follow you can take further personality tests online and try to classify yourself as an Artisian, Guardian, Rational and Idealist according to the KTS assessment.
It is easy to see how a franchise owners of a cleaning service would differ from one who owns a chain of restaurants. And this is just one step you should consider taking before deciding which direction would work best for you.
Can you suggest any tips to our readers about how they can further match their personalities with franchise opportunities