Sites are shared because they offer valuable, interesting or unique information on what people love and enjoy. Most of these sites are started off of a blog. A blog can be part of a social media account and should target a little SEO along with any outgoing or follow up emails. The trick is learning how to combine all three for success.
Below are some tips on what to aim for and how you can make your email marketing campaign SEO and social media friendly:
Blog Goal is to Get Email Subscribers – Email is the only online platform we use regularly where we see every message we receive. For that reason, an email subscriber is the most engaged someone can be before they become a customer. So the goal of your blog should be to encourage people to opt-in for getting free email updates every time you post a new article.There are only three ways to get traffic without buying ads or relying on other sites to actively promote you.Getting it Indexed in Search Engines – As long as you have the SEO prerequisites set up, Google, Bing, and Yahoo! will automatically index your website as you update it with new content. The more often you update, the more often Google will check back.Sending it out Through Social Media – Every time you update your blog, mention it on your Facebook page, Twitter stream, LinkedIn profile, and wherever else your audience is following you. But be careful about submitting your content to StumbleUpon, Reddit, and Digg. It’s more likely to get picked by those sites if it’s submitted by someone who is unaffiliated with your site.Updating Your Email Subscribers – Similar to social media, get in the habit of sending every new blog post to your email subscribers. If they get it every time, they’ll expect it every time.In order to get traffic from search engines, social media, and email marketing, you need to create content that appeals to each of those platforms.Search Content Needs to Educate – When someone Googles something, they’re looking for the answer to the question. So you need to create content that educates and answers questions. Tutorials, how-to’s, step-by-steps, questions, and checklists. Here are few examples of posts here that do well in search engines:
- How to Send Company Branded Emails through Gmail – Ranks #1 for “branded emails through gmail,” “company branded emails gmail,” and “send company branded gmail.”
- 61 Steps to Becoming a Successful Young Entrepreneur – The 3rd most viewed post here and Google is the 2nd highest source of it’s traffic (behind JuniorBiz.com).
- Why Do You Want to Be an Entrepreneur? – Ranks 6th for “why do you want to be an entrepreneur” out of 18.9 million results.
Social Content Needs to Entertain – People share interesting links on Facebook and Twitter because it makes them seem interesting. When someone clicks a link on a social network, they’re expecting to be entertained or informed. Write controversial editorials, create interesting lists, break the news, make creative videos, tell fascinating stories, and highlight neat facts. Here are a few posts that do well on social media:
- 101 Things I Wish I Learned in Business School – The first post here that got a fair amount of social traffic.
- The Average Employee Costs $412,429 – 60+ Likes because it’s controversial and people comment on it when someone posts it to Facebook.
- 10 High-Powered Executives with $1 Salaries – 80+ Likes partly because of the call to action at the end.
Email Content Needs to Engage – Nobody spends hours on Yahoo! Answers and no one falls in love with FMyLife (well, maybe a few). Both of these sites get boatloads of search and social traffic, but neither of them have diehard fans who eagerly hang on every word they publish. The key to getting your audience to leave comments, subscribe to your feed, open your emails, devour your thoughts, and share it with their friends, is to engage them with content that simultaneously educates and entertains. Create ultimate lists, explain provocative concepts with graphics, produce epiphany-inducing videos, teach through well-developed metaphors, and tie relevant news with enlightening commentary. Here are a few posts that do well with search engines and social media:
- Best 101 Entrepreneurship Quotes Ever – On the first page for “entrepreneurship quotes” and
7K+ 11K+27K+ Stumbles.
- 21 Famous Logos with Mind-Blowing Hidden Messages – All 21 logo images rank for “[company name] logo” and it has 50+ social shares.
- 10 World-Class Companies Started by College Students – First page for “companies started,” “companies started college,” “companies started college students,” and #1 out of 171 million results for “companies started student.” Plus it’s interesting to nearly everyone.Add Relevant Calls to Action – To get the most out of your content, add different calls to action at the end of the article depending on where you expect the traffic to come from.Subscribe if Engaging – If you believe your post is educational and entertaining, ask them to subscribe for free updates. You can include a link to a squeeze page or put a simple opt-in form at the end of the article.Traffic Runs in Cycles – No matter where the traffic comes from, your goal is to get them to subscribe by email so they contribute to all three sources of traffic in the long-run.
By engaging properly in all 3 of these cycles you will be able to build up an almost constant flow of traffic. This will also allow you to build up a large and effective email marketing list that you can do almost anything with. Just don’t lose sight on providing valuable, informative anf unique content so you never come off spammy or lose followers.
What actions do you live by to combine all 3 of these sources for one strong and effective marketing campaign?
Consistent monthly income, only 15-30 mins of work per day...
Sounds too good to be true, right? But people are using this proven system to get page 1 Google rankings, literally overnight, with no SEO!
Join us on Thursday at 11am Pacific and see how to create these campaigns that drive THOUSANDS of targeted visitors to ANY website – you can even sell these to local business owners who are DYING to get these kinds of results!