Being able to engage with the customers you have brought in will increase your page rank along with your conversions. With several benefits of having a well researched content marketing strategy in place it is really important to know what should be avoided to ensure long term success.
Below is an extensive list of what should be put into place on your website prior to driving more traffic with a content marketing strategy:
Optimize for Smartphones, Tablets
Personalize the Experience
Make Navigation Easy
Use Researched Keywords
Produce Unique Content
Provide Reviews of Products
Make Visitors Trust You
Content Must be Lasting
Google makes it very clear what they consider a high quality website and what it should cover. Below are some do’s and don’ts that you will really want to follow to get in good with Google:
- Make your content a varied mix of many elements like blogging, Infographics and the elements of online media. Give your users a pleasing experience.
- Ensure that your Infographics are visually attractive and informative. Provide statistics and other info that’s related directly to your product/service.
- Focus on content-sharing and make it easy. When you post on external sites, concentrate on quality ones which will provide you a quality link.
- Engage with people who are talking about your brand online. When people comment on your blogs, social media pages or any other content make sure you reply to all of them.
- Don’t copy content strategy directly from somewhere else. Be unique and creative. Avoid writing articles/blogs on topics that are stale and have been written about numerous times in the past. Be informative and resourceful. Don’t try to hard sell.
- Remember, quality always scores over quantity.
- No duplication, please! Google may penalize you for it
- Don’t be cheap. Spend if you have to well for graphics, multimedia and coding for your content marketing campaign. If you try to be cheap, you’ll appear unprofessional and coarse
- Link your content marketing strategy with already existing content. If you include links and make a mention of it on your social media account, it will persuade readers to keep on consuming more content from your brand.
Anyone who has used high quality content for their content marketing in the past can attest to how effective it can be to drive more traffic and increase page rank. It not only gets you noticed online but over time it drives more traffic which increases sales and profits when done correctly.
Can you add any other tips below that you feel are very important when structuring your content marketing strategy?
Brand New Free Training
Tired of hearing about Amazon, e-commerce, blogging, social media & the usual stuff?
Watch our on-demand training and discover how easy it is to profit from an online giveaway contest in any niche… without selling a SINGLE thing!