Even today, in 2017, Facebook is the king of social media platforms.
The majority of adults who use the Internet have a Facebook account, even if they don't use it regularly.
Between the sheer size of Facebook audiences, and their state of the art user tracking, paid Facebook ads can be a gold mine for smart marketers.
Like every social media site, Facebook has changed over time.
One of the biggest changes is the quantity of ads and other information Facebook throws at its users constantly.
Think of it as an “attention economy.”
There's only so much attention to go around — one person can only do so many things — so you have to find creative ways to catch people's eyes and grab their attention.
For brands, this is a challenge — you're competing not only with other companies, but with people's friends and family members.
In a recent blog post, AdEspresso offers some of the latest Facebook stats from 2017.
- 79% of online adults use Facebook.
- 42% of consumers do not follow brands on social media.
- 42.2% of people like or follow a page so they can get an exclusive offer.
- Every Facebook user has more than 1,500 stories competing for a spot in their newsfeed at any given time.
- However, only about 300 of those stories are chosen to appear in the newsfeed.
- 34.7% of people who unfollow a brand on Facebook do so because of low-personality or uninteresting posts.
- 57.5% of people who unfollow a brand do so because of an excessive amount of promotional posts.
You can find more up to date Facebook statistics over at AdEspresso.
Build your own Passive Income-Generating business in this new 10-day challenge!
Join us and participate to get the Tools, Training, and Support you need to produce predictable, passive income. It's easy!