If you are a virtual assistant that plans on a slow summer season or some down time with the family you still need to put in some hours to keep yourself relevant. You still need to focus on things to improve your brand and professional image to stay competitive in a growing industry. Even during the slow seasons.
Check out these 5 tips you can easily do during any season to keep yourself relevant and at the top of your game:
1. Put Your Social Media on Auto-Pilot. Use a Social Media Dashboard like “Hootsuite” to connect your social media networks and pre-schedule updates for Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, etc. You keep your fans and followers updated and your social media accounts spinning out great content – all while you’re on vacation!
2. Use ‘slow periods’ to re-vamp your marketing. Does your website need some updating? Haven’t changed your Linkedin profile since you got it? Business cards looking a little tired? Summer is the perfect time to have a look at your online profile and tweak your brand. Spend a little time polishing up your marketing materials.
3. Catch up on your reading – business books that is! What better time to purchase some V.A. ebooks or self study courses and hit the beach with them loaded onto your reader? You will be harnessing new skills to apply to your business while relaxing in the sunshine – all at the same time.
4. Work on a product or program. Have you been toying with the idea of writing a book or creating a training program for your clients? The summer slow-down is the perfect time to get your butt in gear and crank it out, sister. Better yet – you can drag your laptop outside and be inspired by beautiful weather while you do it.
5. Take a break! Don’t forget to take time off. Sometimes a rest and a break from phones, ipads, laptops and technology in general is just what your business craves. Spend time reminding your family how much fun you are and enjoying life. Re-charge your batteries now, so you can be even more awesome later.
The great thing about the last piece of information is that you can take a productive break or vacation that goes along with your brands these somehow so you can blog about it and stay socially connected. You can get even more creative and do a video update to your client’s and past client’s, with a video newsletter of your travels to showcase some diversity in your skills.
How do you go above and beyond to stay relevant in your industry during the slower seasons of the year?
Brand New Free Training
Tired of hearing about Amazon, e-commerce, blogging, social media & the usual stuff?
Watch our on-demand training and discover how easy it is to profit from an online giveaway contest in any niche… without selling a SINGLE thing!