Lisa Raehsler, founder of Big Click Co, shares 5 tips to optimize your paid media campaigns with us below:
1. Keep Your Messages Consistent Across All Paid Channels. Your paid media channels are very fragmented. But Raehsler recommends planning your messaging across all paid media channels, and having them play off one another.
2. Connect Paid Search to All Your Paid Media Programs. Search is the glue that holds paid media programs together. Think about how to synchronize everything. This is the key to ensuring your paid media programs pay off. For example, if you’re placing a print ad, plan a related paid search ad for the customers who search for your company after seeing your ad. The message of your ad can then take visitors further down the sales funnel.
3. Geo-Target Ads and Optimize by the Highest Converting Regions. Review your paid search reports, and see if you notice any regional trends. Do New Yorkers have a higher conversion rate? Do your San Francisco campaigns have a lower cost-per-click? Use this geographical data to figure out what’s working, and what’s not, and then shift budget to your best performing campaigns by region.
4. Use Search Performance as a Success Metric for All Paid Media. Session moderator Kevin Lee also recommended using search (both paid and organic) as a success metric for all of your paid media campaigns. Are you advertising on television? Or running a display campaign? Don’t forget to measure branded search traffic — that will increase if your paid media efforts are a success.
5. Mobile-Optimize AdWords Ads and Leverage Ad Extensions for Local Campaigns. Most local paid search traffic is mobile. “Make sure to mobile optimize your ads, and include calls-to-action that make it easy to respond,” says Raehsler. Always keep mobile users in mind and test click-to-call extensions. You can also test local ad extensions for your best and most profitable states.
I truly feel that the 5th one with deals on how to mobile optimize your ads is the most important for the current mobile dominant trend.
Have you already optimized your mobile ads?
NOT Your Average Training...
Tired of hearing about Amazon, e-commerce, blogging, social media & the usual stuff?
Watch our on-demand training and discover how easy it is to profit from an online giveaway contest in any niche… without selling a SINGLE thing!