E-publishing platforms and services are constantly changing year after year. With new formats, terms and services continuing to evolve it is easy to become overwhelmed when attempting to self publish your work.
Besides pricing, quarterly changes and updates to the actual guidelines of e-publishing, here are the 5 things you need to know:
- E-book publishing and distribution services (e.g., Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing, Barnes & Noble Nook, Smashwords, etc) are nonexclusive and do not take any rights to your work.
- There are single-device publishing/distribution services and multiple-channel distribution services, which can be used in tandem.
- Successful e-books generally require excellent cover design (appropriate for digital viewing and reproduction), appropriate pricing, and strong social currency (testimonials, reviews, blurbs).
- Amazon royalties favor pricing between $2.99 and $9.99.
- Calibre is free e-book conversion software used widely by people in the industry to output e-book files from many types of sources.
Can you take a few minutes and provide our readers with any other important guidelines self publishers need to know?
Consistent monthly income, only 15-30 mins of work per day...
Sounds too good to be true, right? But people are using this proven system to get page 1 Google rankings, literally overnight, with no SEO!
Join us on Tuesday at 5pm Pacific and see how to create these campaigns that drive THOUSANDS of targeted visitors to ANY website – you can even sell these to local business owners who are DYING to get these kinds of results!