E-publishing platforms and services are constantly changing year after year. With new formats, terms and services continuing to evolve it is easy to become overwhelmed when attempting to self publish your work.
Besides pricing, quarterly changes and updates to the actual guidelines of e-publishing, here are the 5 things you need to know:
- E-book publishing and distribution services (e.g., Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing, Barnes & Noble Nook, Smashwords, etc) are nonexclusive and do not take any rights to your work.
- There are single-device publishing/distribution services and multiple-channel distribution services, which can be used in tandem.
- Successful e-books generally require excellent cover design (appropriate for digital viewing and reproduction), appropriate pricing, and strong social currency (testimonials, reviews, blurbs).
- Amazon royalties favor pricing between $2.99 and $9.99.
- Calibre is free e-book conversion software used widely by people in the industry to output e-book files from many types of sources.
Can you take a few minutes and provide our readers with any other important guidelines self publishers need to know?
Secret Amazon Strategy Finally Revealed
Discover how to have products for sale on Amazon within 48 HOURS! And then go on to quickly & easily build an ecommerce empire selling on Amazon. We’ll reveal custom made SOFTWARE and TOOLS designed to help you build your business, choose the right products, get all the stats & build a sustainable & highly profitable business:
Attend Our Next FREE Amazon Ecommerce Live Training Session
Join our CEO, Bill McIntosh, for this free live online training session where he’ll reveal how you can apply a very simple, but powerful strategy that brings you incredibly quick profits with A strange Amazon Ecommerce strategy you’ve probably never seen before: