If you are not currently taking advantage of video in your social media marketing campaign then you are doing yourself a great disservice. Maybe you don’t really understand social media and where it is headed. If that is the case then here are 5 reasons you need to start using videos in your Social Media marketing:
- It’s intimate. Videos give you a chance to really let your customer get to know you. Even if you balk at the idea of you yourself being on camera, you can still get so much more of your brand across via a video than you ever can via text.
- It’s fun! Putting a video together using Animoto or iMovie is far more fun than staring at blank screen with writer’s block.
- It’s educational for them. If you are trying to teach your clients or prospects anything complex, a video can do in 2 minutes what might take you 1000 well written words to achieve. And, btw, that’s assuming they’d bother to ever READ 1000 words.
- It’s educational…for you. Creating video is the perfect reason to really think about how you really want to come across to your clients. What tone of voice you want your brand to convey, what kind of music you might choose. It all goes to strengthening your brand. So if you never thought of these things before – videos will force you to take this very important step.
- It works! Video sells better than text ever could. In fact, Internet Retailer “reports that visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not, based on OnlineGolf.com results.” (Internet Retailer, April 2010)
Why are you not already using video marketing with your social media campaign?
Free Online Training
Join our free web workshop and discover the 3-step system we used to build a massive online business by simply ‘sharing’ other people’s content.
We’ll break down this case study and show exactly how I’ve used this system over and over again.