Sometimes, seeing is believing. Magic can happen in the blink of an eye. Keep reading, I’m sure we’ll see eye to eye.
You may be sensing a theme here.
Well, in 2016, the importance of visual content was emphasized even more as we noticed changes on most major social networks, including Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter. And simultaneously, video continues to grow in popularity among both consumers and brands.
Yes, visual content is not going away. So if you’re not on board yet, you may want to rethink that decision.
Thanks to our friends at HubSpot for putting together this great list.
Here are 18 visual content marketing statistics to keep in mind as you move your business forward:
General Visual Content Statistics
1) 37% of marketers said visual marketing was the most important form of content for their business, second only to blogging (38%). (Source)
2) 74% of social media marketers use visual assets in their social media marketing, ahead of blogs (68%) and videos (60%). (Source)
3) B2C marketers place greater importance on visual content than B2B marketers. (Source)
Video Marketing Statistics
4) Cisco projects that global internet traffic from videos will make up 80% of all internet traffic by 2019. (Source)
5) 76.5% of marketers and small business owners in an Animoto survey who have used video marketing say it had a direct impact on their business. (Source)
6) 4X as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product than to read about it. (Source)
7) Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and clickthrough rates by 65%. (Source)
Emerging Visual Marketing Trends
8) Facebook users spend 3X more time watching live videos than traditional videos. (Source)
9) 51% of all video plays are on mobile devices — this growth represents a 15% increase from 2015 and a 203% increase from 2014. (Source)
10) Videos under five minutes in length account for 55% of total video consumption time on smartphones. (Source)
11) Eye-tracking studies show internet readers pay close attention to information-carrying images. In fact, when the images are relevant, readers spend more time looking at the images than they do reading text on the page. (Source)
12) Infographics were the B2B content marketing tactic with the biggest increase in use, from 2015 to 2016, up from 50% to 58%. (Source)
Social Media Stats
13) Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than tweets without images. (Source)
14) The equivalent of 110 years of live video is watched on Periscope every day. (Source)
15) There were more than 500 million Instagram users in June 2016. (Source)
16) 85% of videos on Facebook are watched without sound. (Source)
17) Shopify users referred by Pinterest spend an average of $80 compared to the Facebook referral average of $40. (Source)
18) YouTube reaches more 18+-year-olds during prime-time viewing hours than any cable TV network. (Source)
You can find more visual content marketing statistics and trends over at HubSpot.
REVEALED: Secrets of Multi-Billion Dollar Corporations
Discover how to tap into a backdoor traffic source that used to only be available to massive corporations.
Join our free training and we’ll walk through a case study showing this traffic loophole with over 4.3 BILLION users that practically everyone online is connected to (yet completely unaware of).